Frame of Reference
We adopt the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AE- JMC), and Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) with some necessary changes to fit the Palestinian and Arab contexts.
- To understand the theories and principles, laws and ethics, inside and outside the organization, work activities, and to provide additional services to the community.
- To enrich knowledge, creativity and maintain renewable independent thought in the field.
- To understand the historical contribution of public relations institutions, organiza- tions and individuals to the field.
- To conduct scientific research, evaluate data with technology and suitable tools used in the public relations studies.
- Write clearly, to the point, for different media and audiences, using professional standards.
- Apply the principles and concepts which relate to statistics and numbers.
In both theoretical and practical sides, this program enables graduates to:
- Learn principles of interpersonal communication, in regard to community, and make this communication effective.
- Provide knowledge in mass communication principles, and use it in public relations communication through practical application. Program will enrich students’ experi- ence, in communicating with the public, in order to persuade and strengthen the ties with different social groups and organizations.
- Expand students’ thinking and ability to understand the core practical and theoreti- cal rule of public relations. The program teaches students how to communicate, and institutionalize the relationship between organizations, and understand the public opinion, in political and economical aspects, to the best interest of society and in- dividuals.
- Develop the desire and skills for scientific research in public opinion studies and other ways of public relations practicum.
- Plans for institutional development through the rules of public relations in com- munity growth.
- Knowledge and Understanding Graduates will be able to:
- Identify the current and future developments in public relations and media, com- munication and advertising.
- Understand the effects of nature of public relations and the advertising market, and the elements that influence the international media.
- Name the communication skills that help public relations and advertising practitio- ners in making intended effects and persuasion.
- Define the concepts of organizational and marketing communication, crisis man- agement, public opinion and international communication.
- Describe the steps of conducting qualitative, field and analytical research in public relations, public opinion and advertising.
- Introduce public relations and advertising ethics and basics of dealing with public opinion.
- Mental Skills Graduates will be able to:
- Plan communication programs and advertising campaigns.
- Apply ethics of public relations and commercial advertising.
- Analyze public relations and advertising ethics’ variables.
- Design effective and creative public relations programs and campaigns.
- Professional and Scientific Skills Graduate will be able to:
- Design and conduct scientific research on public relations topics, advertising and public opinion.
- Conduct and implement survey on national and international issues related to the activities and functions of public relations locally and internationally.
- Produce media programs on organizations and activities/events.
- General and Mobility Skills
- Students will learn to work in a team setting.
- Students will be able to deliver speeches and write memorandums on public rela- tions activities and marketing.
- Students will be able to discuss results and facts in open- minded attitude and accept criti- cism and evaluation. The will be able to solve problems in a scientific, organized manner.