- Enable students to be familiar with the major political theories and concepts, as well as methods of political analysis.
- Prepare students, through studying aspects of history, politics, culture and society, to effectively function as citizens and professionals.
- Develop students' skills to be fully intellectual and critical thinkers and contributors.
- Create a practical environment that facilitates the engagement of students in matters of public concern locally, nationally and globally.
- Work for qualifying graduates who can exercise critical judgment, analyse and synthesise relevant information and construct reasoned arguments.
- Communicate effectively with the community and relevant International Institutions.
- Work effectively with others in developing, advancing and implementing solutions to problems.