The Marketing Department aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Theoretically and practically qualifying students in the field of Marketing and providing students with the skills necessary in line with the Philosophy of Modern Marketing and in line with the concepts of marketing organizations. For this to be achieved, students will be provided with thorough knowledge in the areas of consumer behavior, product management, the management of distribution, pricing, promotion, marketing research, planning and control in marketing.
- Training students to master the preparation of various marketing plans and their implementation and control.
- Developing the skills and abilities of students in the stages of planning, implementation and control of sales operations.
- Enriching the student’s knowledge of the local market and how to provide the most appropriate marketing mix.
- Enabling students to develop effective communication plans that include advertising campaigns, public relations and others.
- Developing the skills of scientific research and its applications in the field of Marketing.
- Developing students’ computer skills.
- Qualifying marketing students to devote more marketing opportunities in the fields of teaching in Commerce Schools, in the management of Public Relations, in the management of research and in planning and management in various ministries and non-ministerial government institutions.
Program learning Outcomes:
First:- Knowledge and understanding outcomes:
- General knowledge outcomes Such knowledge’s can be provided by the core and selective courses the students intended to learn. Such courses like: Islamic course, Arab language, English language, and computer courses.
- Related General knowledge outcomes: Such a knowledge’s can be provided by compulsory and selective program courses, such as
- Field knowledge outcomes: The program offer several types of marketing courses (compulsory, selective) consider to a base courses for upgrading studies for the future. Such as marketing management, management, Global marketing product’s management, marketing research, sales management, and consumer behavior.
Second: - Experiential outcomes:
- Analyzing skills outcomes, such as skills offered by corporate finance, operation research, and marketing communication courses.
- Applied skills outcomes: Such a skill offered by field training course (200hrs, training) and graduation research course.
Research skills outcomes:
- The outcomes acquired by the student through teaching how to write reports and scientific research from various sources.
- Traditional sources such as books, references and periodicals. Electronic sources such as the internet and filed resources such as questionnaires and interviews.
- The student a queries that outcomes through the course a marketing students usually study such as: Research methodology which teaches the student the foundations and methods of scientific research this course is offered to the students at the beginning of acceptance to major in marketing and the course named statistics in business I which teaches students hypothesis testing and tactics besides the graduation project course
Mental skills outcomes:
- The thinking skills acquired by the student through systematic thinking based on the sequence of steps in thinking to reach logical conclusions and provisions and to motivate students to think about the philosophy and theories of marketing and its origins.
- Those outcomes are acquired through the different courses offered by the marketing department such as: contemporary marketing issues and a course of consumer behavior.
Professional and Ethical values outcomes:
- The outcomes acquired by the student, through their knowledge of the values ethics and behavior of the profession which they must display after their Thais graduation and through the exercise of the profession in the labor market and for the advancement of the profession.
- Those outcomes are acquired through courses exposed to the either students then fully of partially such as buyer behavior and the course contemporary marketing issues where the contents of this course is marketing ethics and social responsibility.