- To meet the needs of the economic sectors, regarding finance and banking.
- To prepare students for work or higher studies.
- To develop the students thinking, and research skills.
- To develop the students’ ability to understand the financial and economic subjects and problems through theory and application.
- To provide the opportunity for students to get to know the sector of banks and other financial institutions.
- To develop the students’ ability to use computers and information technology in making financial decisions.
- To develop the students’ communication skills.
- To train students on group work and reinforce its spirit.
- To help students develop love of constant learning and research.
- To reinforce graduates self-confidence and their appreciation of education in the society.
The outcomes of knowledge and comprehension.
- The outcomes of general knowledge, which are the outcomes students of this department acquire through studying the university requirement courses such as Islamic culture, Arabic language, English language…
- The outcomes of related knowledge, which is the knowledge students acquire through the elective and compulsory courses which the department of finance and banking has to offer , such as ‘principles of accounting ‘ microeconomics’ ,macro- economics’ , ‘statistics of business’ …etc.
- Outcomes of specialized knowledge :which is the knowledge students get in the field of their specialization (namely finance and banking )which represents the foundations of this field and is acquired through the elective and compulsory courses of the department which aim at teaching students the bases and principles of finance and banking , such as principles of finance , financial administration ,expenses ac- counting …
The Applied skills:
- Analytical skills outcomes: which are the outcomes acquired by analyzing financial statements for companies and corporations in the courses of “financial management “and “operation research” which the department of finance and banking offers.
- Applied skills outcomes: which are the outcomes acquired through practicing and applying the theoretical administrative knowledge and concepts which students have learned from books and references, in the practice course of “Field training “ which consists of 200 hours of practice.
- Research skills outcomes : which are the skills students acquire through the writing of reports and conducting scientific research using different sources (the traditional ones such as books and references or the electronic ones such as the internet) in the courses which they study in the department of business administration such as :”research methodology “ which teaches students the foundations and methods of scientific research , and which is preferred to be taken at the beginning of the major, and “statistics “ which teaches students the bases of testing hypotheses through statistical programs and testing methods.
- Mental skills outcomes: which are the skills acquired through organized, sequetial thinking that comes to logical results and conclusions in a way that motivates the students to deeply think about the science of administration; its foundation, philosophy and theories. These skills are taught in courses such as “Seminar’ and “portfolio theory”.
The outcomes of ethical and professional values: which are the outcomes students acquire their knowledge of the ethics, behaviors, and values of the profession which they should have after graduation through the practice of their profession. These outcomes are acquired through courses that deal with the subject either partly or completely, such as “financial behavior” and “international finance”.